We all love our pets, and we take them practically anywhere we can, including our beds. But, the hair and dander that our dogs leave behind can be a major nuisance. Fortunately, some options can help you to rid yourself of your pet hair problem, so you can let your dog on the bed with you, without having to worry about being covered in fur by the morning.
Tips For Removing Pet Hair From Bedding
While pet hair resistant bedding can be a huge help, fabrics that completely repel pet hair don’t exist. Fortunately, there are some easy things you can do to remove pet hair from your bedding in between washes.
Lint rollers are one of the easiest ways to get rid of nuisance pet hair on your blankets and sheets. There are even extra sticky varieties made especially for removing pet hair. Traditional lint rollers are effective, but refills can get pricey.
There are lint rollers available that don’t use sticky paper to capture hair, and they’re reusable. All you have to do is wash the hair off when you’re done. Unfortunately, these aren’t as effective as traditional paper lint rollers.
Pet Hair Sponges
A more economical option than lint rollers is pet hair sponges. These sponges look similar to a regular sponge, but they act as a magnet for pet hair. When you’re done, just wash the hair off and allow the sponge to dry.
Brush Your Pet
One way to limit the amount of hair or fur that makes it onto your bedding in the first place is by regularly brushing your pet. Not only will this reduce the amount of fur that’s transferring to your bedding, but it will also keep your pet looking their best.
Materials That Resist Pet Hair
Whenever you’re shopping for bedding, you’re sure to hear the words “thread count” thrown around quite a bit. This refers to how tightly woven each thread is. Fabrics that are more tightly woven or have a higher thread count are usually more comfortable. Also, the more tightly woven the material is, the harder it is for pet hair to stick to the fabric. If you’re concerned with pet hair, consider opting for one of these materials.
- Synthetics like Polyester and Nylon
Best Pet Hair Resistant Bedding Options
Deluxe Bedding Collection Comforter Set – Best Value Pick
- Soft to the touch, 100% Microfiber Cover, Filling: 50% cotton, 50% Polyester
- Hypoallergenic, Perfect for those with allergies
- Wrinkle-free & easy care, Pet-hair resistant. Machine-washable.
- Oversize to fit thicker mattress
- Full/Queen Set Includes One Quilt (92 x 96 inches) & Two Shams (20 x 26 inches each)
This luxurious looking comforter set from Deluxe Bedding Collection offers excellent value, and it resists pet hair as well.
Inside, you’ll find a set of two pillow shams and a comforter. The components are made from high-quality, hypoallergenic microfiber which is wrinkle free, and pet hair resistant. Best of all, the price is very affordable, so you’ll be getting a great value to go with your updated bedding.
This particular set is for queen sized beds, but Deluxe Bedding Collection manufactures a full line of microfiber bed sets that are pet hair resistant for every size bed.
- Microfiber fabric resists pet hair
- Includes matching pillow shams
- Oversized to fit deeper mattresses
- Wrinkle free and machine washable
- Fades after multiple washes
Mambe Waterproof Bed Cover – Best Overall Pick
- All New! Lightweight and 100% Waterproof (Urine too)
- Fully reversible. Soft microfleece on both sides with waterproof membrane in between. Silent, not "crinkly".
- Protect all types of expensive furniture and bedding from spills, accidents, and normal wear and tear. Ideal for both pets and people.
- Available in four sizes: Sofa: 70"x120", King/Queen: 90"x90", Twin/Loveseat: 70"x90", Recliner: 60"x60"
- Machine washable (cold water, dry on low). Made in the USA with high quality materials and guaranteed for life.
If you’re looking for bedding for repelling dog hair, it’s hard to find a more comprehensive solution than the products manufactured by Mambe.
All Mambe’s products are made in the United States from high-quality materials. Out of all the bedding options we’ve reviewed, none resist pet hair as well as Mambe.
Each bed cover is made from ultra-soft microfleece, with a waterproof membrane in the middle. So, not only do these bed covers resist pet hair, but they’re also immune to any accidents your pet may have as well, and they protect your bed from water, urine, and any other liquids.
These lightweight covers can be used in place of a blanket, but most people choose to add them on top of their expensive comforters to offer protection against stains and pet hair.
- Comprehensive protection from pet hair and stains
- Made from ultra-soft microfleece
- Reversible design
- Very expensive
- Only available in solid colors
Elegant Comfort 1500 Thread Count Duvet Cover – Best Budget Option
- Luxury Soft Duvet Cover. Simply slip it over your comforter, duvet insert, or alternative down comforter sets. This Duvet Covers is very useful, it will protect your comforter and is super easy to remove and wash.
- King Size Luxury Duvet Cover measures 104" x 90" inches. With button closure. Includes 2 pillow shams 20" x 36" inches with a 1 1/2 inch flange. Microfibers are as soft as 1500 thread count Egyptian cotton - %100 HYPO-ALLERGENIC.
- This luxury bedding collection made of the highest quality double brushed microfiber strong linen for years to lasts. Fabulous selection of vibrant dyed yarn solid colors will make your bedroom look like a celebrity home.
- EASY CARE -Fade, stain, shrink and wrinkle resistant. Machine wash in cold. Dries quick on tumble dry low temperature. More durable than cotton. Hypoallergenic anti-bacterial and resistant to dust mites ! Microfiber material is cool and breathable and more durable than cotton.
- Elegant Comfort - High Quality and has a breathable weave ! Our #1 goal is to provide you with the ultimate best customer service in the world and make you a lifetime happy customer, shop happy and confident with our 5-star satisfaction guarantee.
If you’re looking for pet hair resistant bedding, but aren’t ready to shell out tons of money, this duvet cover from Elegant Comfort may be an excellent alternative for you.
Unlike a comforter, which is filled with down, cotton, or other materials to keep you warm, a duvet cover is essentially a giant pillowcase. Just place your existing comforter into the duvet cover, button it closed, and enjoy a restful night’s sleep.
This cover is made from double-brushed microfiber, which is exceptionally soft and comfortable. Plus, the high thread count helps to keep pet hair from adhering to the duvet cover. It’s also fade, stain and wrinkle resistant, and it’s available in a myriad of different colors and sizes to fit your needs.
- Available in many colors and sizes
- Low price
- Resists pet hair
- Not a complete comforter
- Button closure may be less effective than zippered options
Our Top Pick
While each of these options represents a great way to reduce your pet hair problem, while also keeping you warm at night, we believe that one option is superior to the others. The Deluxe Bedding Collection comforter set provides plenty of value, is very resistant to pet hair, and is the perfect weight for all season use in most locations.
Last update on 2018-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API