Last Update: June 2018
Pesticides have the potential to improve agricultural output and it keeps your family safe from harmful bugs. When it comes to your home or personal use, application of pesticides should always err on the side of non-toxic and pet-friendly solutions.
Animals are naturally curious, so it is easy to imagine your four-legged family members accidentally ingesting pesticides. Before you saturate your garden, be sure to purchase one of the best dog-friendly pesticides available.
Why Should You Purchase Pet-Friendly Pesticides?
The use of pet-friendly pesticides may truly be a life or death situation with your own pet or that of a neighbor. Practice smart lawn care if you want your yard to be pet-friendly but also free of pests.
The best dog-friendly pesticides are effective and safe for your four-legged family members. The top brands on the market, like EcoSMART, are backed by scientific research and years of testing. Add these products to your repertoire for benefits like:
- A yard free of pests likely to carry disease
- Using pesticides that don’t harm the environment
- Creating a yard your dog can enjoy without concern for bugs or harmful pesticides
- Not irritating your pet’s skin even right after application
EcoSMART Organic Insect Killer, 10 Pound Bag
Called the “best pet-safe insecticide” by consumers, this 10-pound bag is easy to apply because it safely and efficiently gets bugs while never harming your pets. EcoSMART does not harm the environment and is safe for ground water as well. With this product, you are caring for your pet as well as the environment. In fact, it is safe for mammals, birds, and fish.
- Protects the environment with your purchase
- Uses only healthy botanical formulas to keep bugs out of the area
- Backed by fifteen years of research providing effectiveness
- Non-toxic formula will not contaminate ground water
- Repellency characteristics so new bugs don’t enter your yard
- A slightly higher price than other options
- Requires application by hand if you want to apply to the entire space
Wondercide EcoTreat – Natural Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate
Buy this 16-ounce concentrate for your outdoor space if you don’t want to worry about bugs or damaging the environment. Specifically designed for the lawn and landscaping, Wondercide EcoTreat is safe for children, animals, and also beneficial insects (like butterflies and bees). You only dilute it before applying to either the indoors or outdoors of your home.
Professionals and individuals purchase this dog-friendly pesticide for homes, offices, lawns, golf courses, parks, gardens, and even dog parks. Never worry about harming people, pets, or your property with this pest control product.
- Safe to use around children and pets even during application
- Manages hundreds of bugs and insects
- Easy application either with or without a sprayer
- Freshens a space with a cedar oil scent
- Won’t harm animals such as reptiles and beneficial insects
- Requires mixing before application
- Need to purchase a sprayer if you want a spray application
EcoSMART Organic Mosquito and Tick Control
Although EcoSMART has another product on the list, this option is specifically for the use of mosquitos and ticks. Because these bugs are known for diseases, and the problems they cause for humans and animals, removing them from your yard makes all of the difference. This product treats up to 5,000 square feet with one bottle. Focus on bugs that impact your pet’s health with the application of this dog-friendly pesticides.
- It focuses primarily on fleas and ticks.
- It applies smoothly and comes with a sprayer.
- The product is safe to use around kids and pets.
- Years of research backs the EcoSMART brand.
- Only treating for mosquitos and ticks
- Not protected with a strong product warranty
Talstar Pro 96-Ounce Jug
An option for application inside, outside, and on the perimeter of your home, Talstar Pro is pet safe once it is dry. This is a highly-trusted brand of insecticide among professionals because it is effective on over 75 pests like ants, termites, spiders, fleas, ticks, cockroaches, and other common pests. This formula is good to use in every space including outdoor/indoor areas, turf, food handling areas, and nearly any other place in your home or building!
After you add this product to your outdoor space, the bugs that irritate both you and your pet will be gone.
- Leaves no stains, dries clear, odorless
- Doesn’t go away with rainfall and lasting up to three months
- Effective for over 75 pests
- Safe for use on surfaces inside the home
- Only safe for pets after drying
- Made with harsher chemicals than other options
Encourage a Healthy Yard and Healthy Dogs with These Products
Do you want a garden that is healthy and safe? With the application of any one of these pet-safe products, you can protect four-legged and two-legged family members from bugs, irritants, and other problem insects. The best dog-friendly pesticide option available on this list is the EcoSMART Organic Insect Killer.
It doesn’t damage your plants, is safe for animals, and is manufactured by the leading company out there in the world of eco-friendly pesticides. In fact, EcoSMART holds 40 United States patents and 55 foreign patents. Enjoy the benefits of a flourishing outdoor space by selecting any of the recommended pesticides on this list.
Frequently Asked Questions – Pet Safe Pesticides
How Long Should I Keep My Dog Away After Using Pesticides?
If you’ve applied pesticides to your lawn, times vary on when you should let your dog back out onto the grass. You can check the label on your particular product, but to be safe, you should wait 24-48 hours before letting your dog have free roam again.
What Happens If My Dog Walks On Grass With Pesticides?
If your dog has walked on grass after pesticide application, you should carefully and thoroughly rinse their paws, legs, and belly. If you notice any redness, touch base with your veterinarian to see if your dog should be seen.
Is TruGreen Safe To Use Around Dogs?
TruGreen is very safe to use if you have pets. Per the company, your pets and children can resume playing on lawns just two hours after application without needing to worry about toxicity or any adverse effects.
Is Spectracide Safe To Use Around Dogs?
Spectracide is safe to use in your lawn care, however you shouldn’t allow your pets onto your grass immediately after application. If you’ve treated your lawn, it’s recommended to wait until it’s completely dried. Once dry, your pets are fine to go into the area again without any adverse effects.