Last Update: June 2018
Do you have a four-legged family member living in your home? Not only is your dog likely responsible for some of the dirt on your floors, he or she is also susceptible to toxins in the home. Be sure to purchase floor cleaners that are effective on floors but also safe for a dog to be around. Don’t know where to start? Try some of these dog safe floor cleaners, including for wood floors and carpeting, all of which get the job done but also keep your pet healthy.
Why Substitute for a Dog Safe Floor Cleaner?
Now more than ever, consumers are more invested in making responsible decisions in their cleaning purchases. Aside from environmentally-safe cleaners, it is valuable to consider both pet and kid safe household cleaners. Buy floor cleaners without harmful chemicals to experience benefits like:
- Knowing your pet or child is safe from fumes
- Eliminating scum and build-up from your floors
- Not introducing toxic chemicals into the environment
- Leaving your house smelling fresh without toxic chemicals
- Stopping any risk from chemical burns or eye irritation
At nearly the same cost as a regular floor cleaner and with more options on the market than ever before, you are sure to find a dog safe floor cleaner to use in your home. Make the right decision for the health of your family members and the betterment of the environment.
Eco Me Multi-Surface Floor Cleaner
- DEEP CLEANS: Safely mop and clean your floors with this concentrated natual plant based formula. Safe to use on vinyl, sealed wood, stone, tile, linoleum, and laminated surfaces.
- RESIDUE FREE: No toxic residue left behind. Feel confident when you and your family are walking across a naturally cleaned floor.
- CLEAN, SAFE & EFFECTIVE FORMULA: This Eco-Friendly formula is made from plant extracts and natural botanicals. All of our products are made with premium quality, natural based ingredients that provide safe and effecting cleaning for you and your whole family.
- FREE FROM HARSH CHEMICALS : Free from Sulfates (SLS, SLES, SCS), Perfumes, Artificial Fragrance, Dyes, Bleach, Ammonia and Harsh Preservatives (Benzisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone)
- MADE IN USA: Leaping Bunny Certified, Cruelty Free, Septic and Greywater Safe, Vegan and Gluten Free
This pet-safe cleaning product breaks down dirt and grease while adding sparkle to your floors. One of the biggest benefits of this product is its fresh mint smell. Instead of walking into a newly cleaned home with a chemical scent, you space smells minty after cleaning.
Use this product on tile, sealed wood, stone, linoleum, vinyl, laminate, and other sealed flooring surfaces. Before applying to your entire space, test out a small area of your floor to see if you like the results.
- No toxins get left behind on the floors
- The natural antibacterial properties keep the floors free of germs
- A fresh scent is left behind
- Safe for septic tanks or as gray water
- No residue is left behind on your floors
- A higher cost than other products on the market
- Before using the product, you need to take the extra step and dilute it
Nature’s Miracle Hard Floor Cleaner
For homes with hard flooring, Nature’s Miracle is an excellent choice because it is designed specifically for use with pets. Not only is it pet-safe, but it is manufactured to eliminate odors, get rid of smells, and refresh a home completely. If you are worried about your home smelling like a pet, especially pet accidents, then this is the right product to purchase.
Nature’s Miracle boasts four major properties: breaking down the scent of urine, working as a disinfectant, removing the most stubborn odors and messes, and dual-action oxy formula for the most deep cleans.
- Cleans the grout and crevices in brick or concrete
- Gets rid of odors caused by pets
- Leaves a fresh scent behind
- Easy application with a nozzle feature
- Never damages old wood floors
- Costs more than other cleaners
- A five-minute wait time you must observe before wiping the flooring
Naturally It’s Clean Floors Cleaner
- ONE BOTTLE MAKES 24 GALLONS OF DIRT CUTTING, NATURAL ALL PURPOSE CLEANER | Our plant-based enzyme formulation is specifically designed to rapidly biodegrade natural soils into their basic elements for easy and effective cleaning. With regular use, this cleaner also continues to break down dirt even after application. No rinsing required
- 100% SAFE ON ALL FLOORS AND SURFACES | 100% Biodegradable formula will not damage floors or any surfaces. It is safe to use as a wood and hardwood floor cleaner, laminate floor cleaner, and vinyl floor cleaner. It is also safe on garage floor tiles, stone, marble, concrete, and bathroom floors. This cleaner can also be used as a kitchen cleaner spray that removes dirt and grease
- ELIMINATES STUBBORN, LINGERING ODORS | Our enzyme's powerful odor eliminating compounds effectively breaks down organic material that causes odors, leaving only a natural fresh and clean smell (all without any fragrances or artificial scents). You can use our natural enzyme floor cleaner steam maps and floor jet cleaners, such as a bissell crosswave cleaner solution, or shark steam mop cleaning solution as well
- EASY TO USE, SAFE FOR KIDS AND PETS | Just mix 1 oz of our concentrated enzyme floor cleaner liquid for every gallon of water. Use a wipe, spray bottle, or mops for floor cleaning to apply the cleaning solution to any surface, and allow the enzymes to work! No rinsing is required as it does not leave film or residue so you can save on an expensive rinse kit for heavy cleaning. It is a 100% Pets, Kids, and Baby Safe Cleaner
- THE ENZYME SOLUTIONS GUARANTEE | As one of the foremost experts in advanced natural enzyme technology applications, our environmentally friendly products are formulated with the highest potency for maintaining quality and effectiveness, and contains: No Parabens. No Artificial Dyes. No Alcohol & Ammonia. No Sulfates. No Artificial Fragrances. No Phosphates. No Petroleum. No SLS. No Bleaching Agents
One of the biggest issues you encounter with any floor cleaner is the residue left behind by product. Naturally It’s Clean Floors Cleaner is powered by enzymes and does not leave behind a slick residue on your beautiful floors. The product is plant-based which it is environmentally-safe and okay for your pet to be around during cleaning.
For a large space, all you need is four caps full of the cleaner for one gallon of water. This floor cleaner is also hypoallergenic for people and pets with allergies. For a highly-rated cleaner that is called “superb,” “amazing,” and “fresh smelling,” look no further than this option.
- Removes organic materials from your floor
- Eliminates mold stains, grease, and any film on your floor
- Makes up to 24 gallons of floor cleaner when you mix it properly
- A higher price point compared to other options
- The extra step of mixing the detergent before use
Clean+Green Pet-Safe Carpet Cleaner
- Carpet Cleaner: Effectively removes stubborn household stains and odors including urine, vomit, red wine and pet stains. Use on carpet, sofas, mattresses, pet beds, scratching posts, rugs, cushions and chairs.
- How it Works: This non-toxic formulation uses a patented encapsulation technology to help permanently eliminate difficult stains and odors. It's quick and easy! Just spray. No need to soak, scrub or rinse
- Kid and Pet Safe: Our natural formulations are non-toxic, fragrance-free, unscented, non-flammable and hypoallergenic. They do not contain bleach, ammonia, dyes, phosphates, fragrances or other petrochemicals
- Eco-Friendly: Our naturally-derived and biodegradable ingredients include purified water, cane sugar derivatives, hydrated cellulose and a blend of botanicals. Nitrogen, a natural propellant, does not deplete the ozone. Cruelty free
- Clean+Green: A certified minority-owned business, Clean+Green has a mission to create effective products for busy parents and pet owners that balance performance, ease of use and Eco-Friendly sensibilities. Made in the USA
Be sure to eliminate stains and odors with Clean+Green Pet-Safe Carpet Cleaner. When you have a rug or a carpet that needs cleaning, just apply this product to the entire area you want to clean. It works on carpeting, rugs, sofa, upholstery, concrete, and even mattresses. Clean+Green is committed to green cleaning products and even uses recyclable packaging with its products.
- Eliminates stains and odors effectively
- Never need to scrub or rinse the carpeting after use
- Safe to use around children and pets
- Natural ingredients are in the product including sugar and plant extracts
- A smaller product means you have to purchase more frequently
- No fragrance and some users prefer a fresh scent
What is the Best Pet Safe Floor Cleaner to Purchase?
While there are a number of products available on the market, what is the right solution to purchase? For homes with hard floors of any type, the best option on the market is Nature’s Miracle Hard Floor Cleaner because it is designed with pets in mind. If you have carpeting, Clean+Green Pet-Safe Carpet Cleaner should exceed your expectations.
Frequently Asked Questions – Pet Friendly Floor Cleaners
Is Simplegreen Safe To Use Around Pets?
Simple Green is safe to use around dogs, but you should keep your dog out of the area you’re using it until it’s dried. The chemicals in this cleaner can cause stomach upset if ingested, so you don’t want it on your dog’s paws in case they lick their paws and ingest it.
Is Bona Floor Cleaner Safe To Use Around Pets?
Bona floor cleaner is safe to use around dogs, but it’s recommended to keep your dogs off of the floor until they are completely dried.
Hi, I’m Jacob. I’ve been a professional blogger for over 6 years and in that time I’ve written countless blogs that have reached millions of people. I am a DVM by profession but all you need to know is that I LOVE DOGS!
SDO started way back in 2015 on a whim. I’d read a couple of dozen blogs online while searching for the best products for my pup and the amount of misinformation online from unqualified sources giving potentially harmful advice shocked me. Then suddenly it hit me, hey, I can do this too! And I can do this RIGHT! Without even knowing what a blog was or how it makes money. I jumped right in to share the years of knowledge I have of dogs with the world.
Within a few months I realized that people were reacting extremely positively to my blogs. My website had taken off and I would receive countless emails from happy dog owners telling me how my website was a God-send for them and their pups were doing so much better after they followed my advice. I would get so many questions as well, and in my attempt to consolidate and answer all the questions I would get from my readers, my blog has evolved to the website you see today. Over the years I encouraged my good friend Tina who is also a DVM to share her experiences and better guide the people who read us. By the Grace of God we now reach close a million people a year and we get such a warm feedback on how we have made life easier for new dog owners all over the globe.
As a dog owner only you would know the feeling you get when you come home at night and you pup is there at the door wagging their tail in sheer joy. The bond a person and their dog share can not be explained in mere words. Yet dogs are like children, and they need to be cared for and trained, and that’s why Smart Dog Owner exists, to give you the precise and exact information that you seek about your dog. No matter how minute that detail is, chances are we will be there to help you out! As someone who has raised 7 of her own dogs. Jacob will always help you out.
Last update on 2021-05-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API