Edamame for Dogs — Edamame is a delicious, crunchy treat. You can toss these little green soybeans in salads and stir-fries or munch on them baked as a replacement for your favorite potato chips. No matter how you eat edamame, they’re good for you and they taste yummy. If you’re throwing back some edamame, you can safely share some with your favorite pup.
Is Edamame Safe for Dogs?
Yes, if you give your dog edamame in moderation, you shouldn’t see any side effects in your dog (except maybe some extra begging if they like the taste). These beans have great health benefits for everyone involved. They’re a great source in polyunsaturated fats, which are the good fats that most people don’t get enough of.
They’re particularly rich in omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid, which has been shown to help decrease the risk of obesity, diabetes, and even promotes the growth of healthy hair and skin. Edamame is also a good source of protein, which is great for extremely active dogs.
There’s also a lot of fiber per serving, which helps lower weight because it makes dogs feel fuller longer. Edamame is a perfect snack for dogs on a diet. Commercially made dog treats are high in fat and calories, a no-no for dogs on a strict diet. Consider tossing your dog some raw edamame beans instead.
How to Feed Edamame to Your Dog
You can buy edamame in a few different forms. There’s always raw, of course, as well as baked, frozen, and mixed in with frozen vegetables. Shelled, raw edamame beans are the best kind to give to your dog. There are no additives, seasonings, or fat when they’re fresh from the produce section.
Don’t feed your dog the baked edamame snacks you find on the shelves. They’re often cooked with oil, seasonings, or a lot of salt. Dogs don’t need sodium in their diet, and too much salt can lead to dehydration, diarrhea, and even salt poisoning. Edamame mixed in with frozen vegetables has usually come into contact with garlic or onions, both of which should never be given to dogs.
Health factors of Edamame beans for dogs
Edamame and soy can have beneficial effects on your dog. Soy is known to decrease bad cholesterol and triglycerides. What does that mean? Well when taking in moderation, it can help older dogs who have high cholesterol due to eating junk all their lives or just that their liver produces more cholesterol. Low cholesterol, high fiber, and isoflavones make edamame the perfect food for a healthy heart if taken in moderation.
Weight management with Edamame for Dogs
In our great country the USA. All dogs seem to be obese, this is due to many factors but what can you do about? Well, edamame for dogs is a match made in heaven! It contains lots of fiber for your dog which is perfect for weight management, it makes your dog feel full while he is off the calories. Find out how squash is beneficial for your dog!
If you start edamame with a healthy dog, you will see that your dog stays fit and won’t have problems like overeating and obesity as the years go by. The Omega 3 fats in edamame are considered good fats, a balanced blood sugar level and fat to muscle ratio will help prevent your dog from getting diabetes.
Edamame for Dogs Acts as an Allergen?
Dogs are tremendously sensitive to particular foods. Some food items can cause allergies in dogs. This includes soy products. We have discussed this in detail below but here’s what you need to know. Try out foods with low quantities in dogs first, see their reaction to the food on your dog. More on Dog Allergies here.
High Salt Concentration of Edamame Dishes
Your pooch can consume salt but in very low quantities, edamame dishes are usually made with a high concentration of salt in them which can be harmful to your dog and should be avoided at all costs. Your dog can ingest only a small amount of salt hence it is not a good idea to give edamame dishes to your dog frequently as it may lead to Salt Poisoning.
How Much Edamame Can You Give To Your Dog?
Sharing edamame with your dog occasionally isn’t bad but do not give your pooch more than 6 to 9 beans or two pods. More Edamame means more problems. One such problem is gas, the more you feed your dog the more gas he is going to have.
What Happens If Your Dog Eats Too Much?
Any time a dog eats too much of any kind of food, their digestive system is going to revolt. Edamame is packed with fiber, and too much fiber is going to speed up your dog’s digestive tract, resulting in diarrhea or vomiting.
It can also cause excessive gas or uncomfortable abdominal bloating. Be careful with how much you’re giving your dog. Because they’re carnivorous, they don’t need as many plant-based foods as you do.
If you’re snacking on raw edamame, you can safely give your dog a few beans as a treat. If you notice any negative side effects, however, you should discontinue feeding it immediately and stick to your dog’s regular diet.
Benefits of Edamame for Dogs
Edamame is very healthy and nutritious. It is packed with fiber and proteins are that good for your dog, Edamame contains Omega 3s, vitamin C, and calcium, these elements and minerals are good for your dog’s bone, blood flow and skin. The fiber is an important source for maintaining a good and healthy digestive system for your dog. Again moderation is the key when it comes to edamame.
Hazards of Edamame for Dogs
Soy and edamame can wreak havoc on your dog’s health. Feed them in MODERATION! Soy can be a source of various allergies in dogs. Only give a small amount of soy to start with, allergies might show themselves right away and will take time. Always see the signs of licking, vomiting, diarrhea, hair loss, and ear infections.
Soy has some benefits to offer but its health risks are far greater. Soy can be a source of your dog’s damaged liver, it can cause problems with your dog’s thyroid. Female dogs are at a greater risk because studies have shown that soy creates disruptions in the reproductive system of the dogs.
Coming back to edamame, the shell of the pods is difficult to digest. In smaller dogs it might cause choking in the throat or blockage in the digestive system, larger dogs can gobble them without any problems but eating too many of these beans or pods can lead to gas, constipation, or diarrhea.
Treats you can give to your Dog
Throw away whatever edamame treat you have for your dog or any other soy bottle you have in your kitchen cupboard! these are the best recommendations for treats and soy sauce that you can use not only for yourself but for your cutie-pooch! Lighter soy sauce are better for your health and your dog’s. The treats we recommend are just pure love for your dog, they contain less salt or use sea salt as an alternative. See their descriptions below and Try these today!
- A HIGH-PROTEIN VEGAN FOOD: Seapoint Farms Dry Roasted Edamame is perfect for any plant-based diet. Our soybeans are dried and processed to preserve their nutrients, making them a great way for vegans and vegetarians to get the protein they need
- NON-GMO & ALL NATURAL: Our sea salt edamame is certified non-GMO and uses just 2 ingredients: soybeans and sea salt. Kids, adults, men, and women can all benefit from this simple baked snack that isn’t filled with harmful additives
- KICKSTART HEALTHY EATING: Are you trying to eat better? Our edamame is a great place to start. It is heart healthy, low in calories, and contains no trans fat or cholesterol. Each serving has protein and iron to keep you energized throughout the day
- GREAT ON-THE-GO SNACK: This salted edamame travels great! Stick a pack of crunchy goodness in your child’s lunch box for a fun, healthy snack. College students will love them too. Roasted edamame is also one of the best foods for traveling!
- SEAPOINT FARMS EDAMAME: Edamame is a specialty soybean harvested from its green pod when the seeds are still immature. Edamame is naturally gluten-free, low in calories, non-GMO, and an excellent source of protein, iron, and calcium
- #1-RATED HEALTHY SNACK: Perfectly light at just 130 calories & perfectly portion-controlled to avoid over-snacking, Youtopia was named Best Overall Healthy Snack by Eat.Breathe.Sweat.
- VARIETY 10-PACK INCLUDES: 4x Bananas for Chocolate | 3x Espresso Obsesso | 3x So Money Honey Mustard
- GUILT-FREE GOODNESS: Lighter than protein bars, more filling than 100-calorie packs & popcorn, healthier than sugary granola bars & trail mix, and tastier than mixed nuts! Our delicious snack packs include cookie protein puffs, dark chocolate goodies, roasted almonds, protein pretzels, & fava crisps/chips.
- VOTED TOP 100 RESOURCE FOR OFFICES: Our irresistible mixes are being enjoyed by hundreds of the most innovative, health-forward offices around the country!
- WHY YOUTOPIA? We found it nearly impossible to find a snack that was light (under 150 cal), healthy (high protein, low sugar/carb), and portion controlled (one serving per pack). So, we made our own! High protein | Low sugar | Low calorie | Non GMO | Gluten free | Kosher | Plant-based protein | 4 Smart Points
- A HIGH-PROTEIN VEGAN FOOD: Seapoint Farms Dry Roasted Edamame is perfect for any plant-based diet. Our soybeans are dried and processed to preserve their nutrients, making them a great way for vegans and vegetarians to get the protein they need.
- NON-GMO & ALL NATURAL: Our sea salt edamame is certified non-GMO and uses just 2 ingredients: soybeans and sea salt. Kids, adults, men, and women can all benefit from this simple baked snack that isn’t filled with harmful additives.
- KICKSTART HEALTHY EATING: Are you trying to eat better? Our edamame is a great place to start. It is heart healthy, low in calories, and contains no trans fat or cholesterol. Each serving has protein and iron to keep you energized throughout the day.
- HEALTHY ON-THE-GO SNACK: This salted edamame travels great! Stick a pack of crunchy goodness in your child’s lunch box for a fun, healthy snack. College students will love them too. Roasted edamame is also one of the best foods for traveling!
- SEAPOINT FARMS EDAMAME: Edamame is a specialty soybean harvested from its green pod when the seeds are still immature. Edamame is naturally gluten-free, low in calories, non-GMO, and an excellent source of protein, iron, and calcium.
- LOW IN CARBS FOR EVERY LIFESTYLE – With only 2 grams carbs per serving, this healthy, crunchy, pizza-flavored protein snack fits every lifestyle. Whether you’re looking for a healthy low carb snack for adults, or a better for you snack for kids, Shrewd Food has got you covered. We’ve reinvented our low carb protein puffs to deliver an even cheesier flavor, crispier crunch, and rich Italian pizza spices that the whole family is sure to love!
- KETO APPROVED – Trying to avoid carbs while on your keto diet? Are you looking for a keto-friendly snack that won’t throw you out of ketosis? Satisfy your craving for something crunchy and crispy with Shrewd Food’s brick oven pizza protein puffs. High protein and low carbs – can we get a ketogenic high five?!
- GREAT MACROS TO KEEP YOU GOING – With 14g protein, 2g carbs, and only 90 calories, we’ve designed this tasty snack to keep you going throughout the day. Whether you’re looking for a delicious snack on the go, or an afternoon snack at work that won’t spike your blood sugar, Shrewd Food has come to your rescue!
- EXTRAORDINARY FLAVOR & HIGH-QUALITY INGREDIENTS – Made with REAL cheese and quality whole ingredients, Shrewd Food’s low carb protein puffs are sure to make you feel as good as it tastes. Your afternoon snack has never tasted better!
- GLUTEN-FREE AND ALLERGEN-FRIENDLY – Are you following a gluten free, peanut free, tree nut free, soy free, bariatric, diabetic, Weight Watchers, or egg free diet? You’re safe to snack on our protein puffs. Our puffs are also free from corn syrup, artificial flavors, colors and preservatives for a guilt free snack.
- Artisan Soy Sauce - Kishibori is a Japanese premium soy sauce imported from Japan
- Kishibori Shoyu is fermented in 100-year old barrels on a small island in Japan's inland sea
- Experience the difference in flavor in our soy sauce. Full flavor and great addition to any food
- Smooth and balanced taste - Kishibori Soy has a milder fuller flavor than most soy sauce
- Product Type:Sauce
- Item Package Dimension:7.797 cm L X7.899 cm W X26.797 cm H
- Item Package Weight:1.202 kg
- Country Of Origin: United States
- Kikkoman's Sushi & Sashimi is a milder soy sauce designed to compliment the flavors of fish/seafood
- The balance between sweetness and saltiness is different from regular soy sauce
- Uwajimaya carries an assortment of sizes and varieties of Kikkoman soy sauce
- Net Wt. 10 Fl. Oz.
Hi, I’m Jacob. I’ve been a professional blogger for over 6 years and in that time I’ve written countless blogs that have reached millions of people. I am a DVM by profession but all you need to know is that I LOVE DOGS!
SDO started way back in 2015 on a whim. I’d read a couple of dozen blogs online while searching for the best products for my pup and the amount of misinformation online from unqualified sources giving potentially harmful advice shocked me. Then suddenly it hit me, hey, I can do this too! And I can do this RIGHT! Without even knowing what a blog was or how it makes money. I jumped right in to share the years of knowledge I have of dogs with the world.
Within a few months I realized that people were reacting extremely positively to my blogs. My website had taken off and I would receive countless emails from happy dog owners telling me how my website was a God-send for them and their pups were doing so much better after they followed my advice. I would get so many questions as well, and in my attempt to consolidate and answer all the questions I would get from my readers, my blog has evolved to the website you see today. Over the years I encouraged my good friend Tina who is also a DVM to share her experiences and better guide the people who read us. By the Grace of God we now reach close a million people a year and we get such a warm feedback on how we have made life easier for new dog owners all over the globe.
As a dog owner only you would know the feeling you get when you come home at night and you pup is there at the door wagging their tail in sheer joy. The bond a person and their dog share can not be explained in mere words. Yet dogs are like children, and they need to be cared for and trained, and that’s why Smart Dog Owner exists, to give you the precise and exact information that you seek about your dog. No matter how minute that detail is, chances are we will be there to help you out! As someone who has raised 7 of her own dogs. Jacob will always help you out.
Last update on 2021-10-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API