PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
By using this site, you signify your assent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions of use, do not use this site!
SmartDogOwners.com may revise and update these Terms and Conditions at any time. Your continued usage of the SmartDogOwners.com website (“SmartDogOwners.com Site,” or the “Site,”) will mean you accept those changes.
The Site Does Not Provide Medical or Veterinary Advice
Use of Content
Liability of Smart DogOwners.com and Its Licensors
SmartDogOwners.com Community and Member to Member Areas (“Public Areas”)
Advertisements, Search and Links to Other Sites
Notice and Take Down Procedures, Copyright Agent
The Site Does Not Provide Medical Advice
The contents of the SmartDogOwners.com Site, such as text, graphics, images, information obtained and other material contained on the SmartDogOwners.com (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinary medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified animal health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional veterinarian advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the SmartDogOwners.com Site!
If you think you may have a veterinary emergency, call your veterinarian immediately. SmartDogOwners.com does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, veterinarians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. Reliance on any information provided by SmartDogOwners.com, SmartDogOwners.com employees, others appearing on the Site at the invitation of SmartDogOwners.com, or other visitors to the Site is solely at your own risk.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. You should be aware that this Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.
Use of Content
SmartDogOwners.com authorizes you to view or download a single copy of the material on the SmartDogOwners.com Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use if you include the copyright notice located at the end of the material, for example: “©2015, SmartDogOwners.com, All rights reserved” and other copyright and proprietary rights notices that are contained in the Content. Any special rules for the use of certain software and other items accessible on the SmartDogOwners.com Site may be included elsewhere within the Site and are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions by reference.
The Content is protected by copyright under both United States and foreign laws. Title to the Content remains with SmartDogOwners.com or its licensors. Any use of the Content not expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions is a breach of these Terms and Conditions and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. Content and features are subject to change or termination without notice in the editorial discretion of SmartDogOwners.com. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to SmartDogOwners.com.
If you violate any of these Terms and Conditions, your permission to use the Content automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of any portion of the Content.
Liability of SmartDogOwners.com and Its Licensors
The use of the SmartDogOwners.com Site and the Content is at your own risk.
When using the SmartDogOwners.com Site, information will be transmitted over a medium that may be beyond the control and jurisdiction of SmartDogOwners.com. Accordingly, SmartDogOwners.com assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the SmartDogOwners.com Site.
The SmartDogOwners.com Site and the content are provided on an “as is” basis. SmartDogOwners.com, ITS LICENSORS, AND ITS SUPPLIERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Without limiting the foregoing, SmartDogOwners.com, its licensors, and its suppliers make no representations or warranties about the following:
1. The accuracy, reliability, completeness, currentness, or timeliness of the Content, software, text, graphics, links, or communications provided on or through the use of the SmartDogOwners.com Site or SmartDogOwners.com.
2. The satisfaction of any government regulations requiring disclosure of information on prescription drug products or the approval or compliance of any software tools with regard to the Content contained on the SmartDogOwners.com Site.
In no event shall SmartDogOwners.com, its licensors, its suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on the SmartDogOwners.com Site be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use of or inability to use the SmartDogOwners.com Site or the Content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not SmartDogOwners.com, its licensors, its suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on the SmartDogOwners.com Site are advised of the possibility of such damages. SmartDogOwners.com, its licensors, its suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on the SmartDogOwners.com Site shall be liable only to the extent of actual damages incurred by you, not to exceed U.S. $1000. SmartDogOwners.com, its licensors, its suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on the SmartDogOwners.com Site are not liable for any personal injury, including death, caused by your use or misuse of the Site, Content, or Public Areas (as defined below). Any claims arising in connection with your use of the Site, any Content, or the Public Areas must be brought within one (1) year of the date of the event giving rise to such action occurred. Remedies under these Terms and Conditions are exclusive and are limited to those expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions.
The Site contains functionality (including blogs, message boards, Ask Our Expert postings, user reviews of drug information, etc.) that allows users to upload content to the Site (collectively “Public Areas”). You agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type to the Public Areas that infringe or violate any rights of any party. By submitting communications or content to the Public Areas, you agree that such submission is non-confidential for all purposes.
If you make any such submission you agree that you will not send or transmit to SmartDogOwners.com by email, (including through the email addresses listed on the “Contact Us” page) any communication or content that infringes or violates any rights of any party. If you submit any business information, idea, concept or invention to SmartDogOwners.com by email, you agree such submission is non-confidential for all purposes.
If you make any submission to a Public Area or if you submit any business information, idea, concept or invention to SmartDogOwners.com by email, you automatically grant-or warrant that the owner of such content or intellectual property has expressly granted- SmartDogOwners.com a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the communication or content in any media or medium, or any form, format, or forum now known or hereafter developed. SmartDogOwners.com may sublicense its rights through multiple tiers of sublicenses. If you wish to keep any business information, ideas, concepts or inventions private or proprietary, do not submit them to the Public Areas or to SmartDogOwners.com by email. We try to answer every email in a timely manner, but are not always able to do so.
SmartDogOwners.com Community and Member to Member Areas (“Public Areas”)
If you use a Public Area, such as message boards, blogs, Ask Our Expert, User Reviews or other member communities, you are solely responsible for your own communications, the consequences of posting those communications, and your reliance on any communications found in the Public Areas. SmartDogOwners.com and its licensors are not responsible for the consequences of any communications in the Public Areas. In cases where you feel threatened or believe someone else is in danger, you should contact your local law enforcement agency immediately. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your veterinarian immediately.
In consideration of being allowed to use the Public Areas, you agree that the following actions shall constitute a material breach of these Terms and Conditions:
1. Using a Public Area for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws;
2. Posting material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
3. Posting material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by SmartDogOwners.com in its sole discretion;
4. Posting advertisements or solicitations of business;
5. After receiving a warning, continuing to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free-form);
6. Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes;
7. Impersonating another person;
8. Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code;
9. Harvesting, scraping or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their identification for posting or viewing comments;
10. Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments
11. Posting the same note more than once or “spamming”; or
12. Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Public Area or the Site, or which, in the judgment of SmartDogOwners.com, exposes SmartDogOwners.com or any of its customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
SmartDogOwners.com Reserves the Right (but is Not Obligated) to Do Any or All of the Following:
1. Record the dialogue in public chat rooms.
2. Investigate an allegation that a communication(s) do(es) not conform to the terms of this section and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the communication(s).
3. Remove communications which are abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
4. Terminate a user’s access to any or all Public Areas and/or the SmartDogOwners.com Site upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
5. Monitor, edit, or disclose any communication in the Public Areas.
6. Edit or delete any communication(s) posted on the SmartDogOwners.com Site, regardless of whether such communication(s) violate these standards.
SmartDogOwners.com or its licensors have no liability or responsibility to users of the SmartDogOwners.com Site or any other person or entity for performance or nonperformance of the aforementioned activities.
Advertisements, Searches, and Links to Other Sites
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold SmartDogOwners.com, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these Terms and Conditions.
SmartDogOwners.com is based in Irvine, California, in the United States of America with principal offices in Irvine, California. SmartDogOwners.com makes no claims that SmartDogOwners.com, the Site or Content are appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the SmartDogOwners.com from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
The following provisions survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement for any reason whatsoever: Liability, User Submissions, User Submissions – image, video, audio files, Indemnity, Jurisdiction, and Complete Agreement.
You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with SmartDogOwners.com, or in any way relating to your use of the SmartDogOwners.com Site, resides in the courts of the State of California and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the State of California in connection with any such dispute including any claim involving SmartDogOwners.com or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers, and content providers.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of California, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition.
Notice and Takedown Procedures; and Copyright Agent
If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Site infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from this web site by contacting SmartDogOwners.com’s copyright agent (identified below) and providing the following information:
1. Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
2. Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
3. Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) e-mail address.
4. A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
5. A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that “under penalty of perjury,” you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
6. A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
SmartDogOwners.com ‘s agent for copyright issues relating to this web site is as follows:
In an effort to protect the rights of copyright owners, SmartDogOwners.com maintains a policy for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of subscribers and account holders of the Site who are repeat infringers.
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope you find the SmartDogOwners.com Site helpful and convenient to use! Questions or comments regarding this website, including any reports of non-functioning links, should be submitted using our Contact Us Form or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.