Compression sleeves can offer the same advantages to our beloved dogs as they do for us. From helping to heal sore muscles quicker to adding joint support, dogs across the board can benefit by regularly wearing them.
But you don’t want to buy a subpar dog compression sleeve. The market is overwhelmed with cheaply made rip-offs that lose their healing qualities after just a few wearings. Here are our buying tips and product suggestions for the best dog compression sleeves of 2018.
How to Choose a Dog Compression Sleeve:
Because of the amount of dog compression sleeves currently on the market, choosing the right dog can be complicated. Narrow down your options by learning a few critical points about compression sleeves for dogs.
Before purchasing any orthopedic product for your pet, it’s always best to consult with your vet beforehand. A compression sleeve for your dog can help with arthritis, sore muscles, and joint supports. But such injuries like strains, tears, and fractures will require a brace or cast. A licensed veterinarian will be able to tell you if a compression sleeve will (or will not) be of use.
Below are factors to consider before purchasing the right compression sleeve for your furry best friend:
- Measure the circumference of your dog’s lower leg
- Buy only compression sleeves made of high quality neoprene, mesh, and other elastic materials
- Avoid dog compression sleeves that have steel parts
- Look to see if the sleeves are either machine or hand washable
- Determine whether or not the compression sleeve will be for a back or front leg
- Try to find compression sleeves that use velcro strips to secure them in place
Best Overall Pick: Labra Co. Dog Canine Front Leg Compression Sleeve
- SIZING - See Photo section for sizing information.
- MOBILITY - Don't let your elderly dog suffer from limited mobility. Support weakened joints and muscles with our front leg wraps.
- JOINT CARE - Arthritis and joint injuries limit your dog’s mobility. Give your dog the extra support they need to continue enjoying their happy and active life.
- VET APPROVED - Our brace meets and exceeds the high expectations of certified veterinarians.
- USE INSTRUCTIONS - Remove brace every 2-3 hours and at night to allow leg to "breathe"
The Labra Canine Front Leg Compression Sleeve is offered your dog great joint and muscle support, while not affecting his or her mobility. The compression sleeve can fit on either of your dog’s front legs. It also comes available in small, medium, large, and extra large for best fit.
The addition of three velcro straps also helps to ensure the sleeve remains snug and supportive. The brace itself boasts durable, but pliable and flexible neoprene to make sure the sleeve will rest cozily on your dog’s leg. Labra’s products are recommended by veterinarians.
Because of the quality materials used, the Labra Co. Dog Canine Front Leg Compression Sleeve can be hand washed in warm water with soap. Labra recommends leaving the brace on for two or three hours and then taking it off to let the area fully breathe.
The Labra Co. Dog Canine Front Leg Compression Sleeve begins at $17.95 on Amazon.com
What We Like:
- High quality design materials used throughout
- Three-part velcro design to make sure the sleeve stays put
- Recommended by licensed and practicing veterinarians
- The jacket can be hand washed for cleanliness
- It doesn’t hinder mobility for the dog when worn
What Could Be Better:
- The sleeve is only available in four sizes that range widely in fit
- No reflectors installed for nighttime visibility
- The velcro seams aren’t soft enough and can irritate high energy activities
Best Value Pick: Agon Dog Canine Front Leg Compression Wrap
- Circumference measurement: S/m: 4-6" with 2 straps l/xl: 6-8" with 3 straps, the length: S/m 4", l/xl 6"
- Why is Agon brace the best for your dog? Agon dog brace is made of smooth mesh sheet which is easy to wear
- The next time you dog needs a good support, go ahead with Agon dog braces as they will never let you down
- Sizes of Agon dog braces depending on the breed of the dog, the sizes would vary
The Agon Dog Canine Front Leg Compression wrap is a breathable, yet supportive sleeve that offers excellent value at the price point. A mixture of elastic neoprene and nylon, this dog compression sleeve won’t get in the way of your dog’s mobility. The jacket is also available in six sizes that cover small and large breeds.
The sleeve also features two velcro bands to make sure the sleeve doesn’t slide up and down your dog’s front legs. The design can be used on either of your dog’s front legs without risk of injury or irritation. However, buyers note that the velcro bands can be hard to get off, so remove carefully as to not harm your pet.
Because of the nylon, the compression sleeve is recommended to be washed in cold water only. And while it does lack nighttime reflectors, the significant, yellow company symbol sewed to the front does offer some after-dark visibility. The company recommends the compression sleeve only be worn for two or three hours at a time before being taken off.
The Agon Dog Canine Front Leg Compression Wrap starts at $13.99 on Amazon.com and is eligible for free shipping.
What We Like:
- Material mix for optimal elasticity and support
- Large, yellow logo to aid in nighttime visibility
- Ability to be hand washed
- Availity in six sizes that span all breeds
- Breathability of material compared to only nylon designs
What Could Be Better:
- A third velcro strap for fit would be a nice addition
- Lack of accurate nighttime reflections is disappointing
- Velcro can be very adhering and require putting unwanted pressure on the affected area
Best Budget Pick: GNICK’s Dog Front Leg Compression Wrap
- FRONT LEG SIZE - S-M: 15*10.5*19cm (5.9*4.1*7.5in) L-XL: 19.5*15*23cm (7.7*5.9*9in) / Material: Constructed of a neoprene outer shell, we infused the interior of the wrap with our state-of-the-art Welltex fabric.
- STRONG AND DURABLE - The three high quality attached Velcro strips, it is more secure and will not slide down or drop out. More strength and durable, can be again used for thousands times.
- MOBILITY - This Dog Hock Joint Wrap can better take care dog wound and relieve dog joint pain also not affected your dog’s mobility too. Don't let your dog suffer from limited mobility.
- FUNCTION - Support weakened joints and muscles with our front leg wraps.can better take care dog wound and relieve dog joint pain also not affected your dog’s mobility too.
- APPLY FOR - This dog hock braces are clinically proven to reduce pain and chronic inflammation, been used in pet hospital.Also can be use at outdoor protective and prevent your pets form snake bites ect.
GINKS Dog Brace, in addition to being made from nylon, uses rubber as a construction material. The addition of rubber makes this compression sleeve for dogs comfortable to wear and doesn’t hurt their skin. The nylon compliments the rubber, making for a robust design that manages to be flexible at the same time. Available in only four sizes, out-of-the-box fit for your canine isn’t guaranteed.
Also, the sleeve fits on both the left and right front legs. The use of the three available velcro wraps can correct for any loose-fitting areas. It’s recommended you secure the two outermost straps before fitting the middle one.
Because of the rubber and nylon design, NICK’s Dog Front Leg Compression Wrap is hand washable in cold or lukewarm water with soap. Also, air drying is recommended, as the rubber could shrink in a conventional drying machine. And like most other compression wraps, GNICK’s recommends a wear-time of between two or three hours before being removed.
GNICK’s Dog Front Leg Compression Wrap starts at $10.99 on Amazon.com and is eligible for free shipping.
What We Like:
- The price point is very agreeable for most buyers
- Materials used are hand washable in either cold or lukewarm water
- Because rubber makes up the material design, the sleeve is more water resistant than most
- The flexibility of design allows for excellent mobility, while still remaining supportive
- The use of three velcro wraps makes sure the jacket stays in place
What Could Be Better:
- No use of relates strips for nighttime visibility
- Rubber material makes for a less breathable sleeve
- Only four sizes are available
Compression sleeves for dogs can help, or four-legged family members can improve their everyday lives. From helping with arthritis pain to speeding up recovery time for muscle and joint injuries, they’re an excellent supply for any dog owner to have on hand. Use our above-mentioned product suggestions and purchasing tips to make a confident purchase. And remember: You can’t go wrong with the Labra Co. Dog Canine Front Leg Compression Sleeve.
Hi, I’m Jacob. I’ve been a professional blogger for over 6 years and in that time I’ve written countless blogs that have reached millions of people. I am a DVM by profession but all you need to know is that I LOVE DOGS!
SDO started way back in 2015 on a whim. I’d read a couple of dozen blogs online while searching for the best products for my pup and the amount of misinformation online from unqualified sources giving potentially harmful advice shocked me. Then suddenly it hit me, hey, I can do this too! And I can do this RIGHT! Without even knowing what a blog was or how it makes money. I jumped right in to share the years of knowledge I have of dogs with the world.
Within a few months I realized that people were reacting extremely positively to my blogs. My website had taken off and I would receive countless emails from happy dog owners telling me how my website was a God-send for them and their pups were doing so much better after they followed my advice. I would get so many questions as well, and in my attempt to consolidate and answer all the questions I would get from my readers, my blog has evolved to the website you see today. Over the years I encouraged my good friend Tina who is also a DVM to share her experiences and better guide the people who read us. By the Grace of God we now reach close a million people a year and we get such a warm feedback on how we have made life easier for new dog owners all over the globe.
As a dog owner only you would know the feeling you get when you come home at night and you pup is there at the door wagging their tail in sheer joy. The bond a person and their dog share can not be explained in mere words. Yet dogs are like children, and they need to be cared for and trained, and that’s why Smart Dog Owner exists, to give you the precise and exact information that you seek about your dog. No matter how minute that detail is, chances are we will be there to help you out! As someone who has raised 7 of her own dogs. Jacob will always help you out.
Last update on 2021-09-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API