Compression sleeves can offer the same advantages to our beloved dogs as they do for us. From helping to heal sore muscles quicker to adding joint support, dogs across the board can benefit by regularly wearing them.
But you don’t want to buy a subpar dog compression sleeve. The market is overwhelmed with cheaply made rip-offs that lose their healing qualities after just a few wearings. Here are our buying tips and product suggestions for the best dog compression sleeves of 2018.
How to Choose a Dog Compression Sleeve?
Because of the amount of dog compression sleeves currently on the market, choosing the right dog can be complicated. Narrow down your options by learning a few critical points about compression sleeves for dogs.
Before purchasing any orthopedic product for your pet, it’s always best to consult with your vet beforehand. A compression sleeve for your dog can help with arthritis, sore muscles, and joint supports. But such injuries like strains, tears, and fractures will require a brace or cast. A licensed veterinarian will be able to tell you if a compression sleeve will (or will not) be of use.
Below are factors to consider before purchasing the right compression sleeve for your furry best friend:
- Measure the circumference of your dog’s lower leg
- Buy only compression sleeves made of high quality neoprene, mesh, and other elastic materials
- Avoid dog compression sleeves that have steel parts
- Look to see if the sleeves are either machine or hand washable
- Determine whether or not the compression sleeve will be for a back or front leg
- Try to find compression sleeves that use velcro strips to secure them in place
Best Overall Pick: Labra Co. Dog Canine Front Leg Compression Sleeve
- Help Them Stay Active - Mobility plays a big part in your dog's quality of life, and as they start growing old, staying active becomes more difficult; Our front leg compression brace relieves the tension put on your dog's joints, helping them move around comfortably and stay active in their old age
- Premium Materials - Made from 3mm neoprene, our brace wrap is breathable, elastic, and enjoyable, ensuring your dog's comfort while wearing it; Durable and strong, it's designed to endure the wear your best friend puts it through
- Joint Health - Our brace provides extra support on your dog's front legs, allowing them to stay healthy and support their own weight, easing joint-related conditions such as arthritis and preventing injury in older dogs; Help your friend stay active, no matter their age
- Easy to Use - Our front leg compression wrap is as easy to use as placing it around your dog's leg as shown in the picture and securing it by wrapping; remove every 2-3 hours and at night to allow the leg to breathe
- About Labra: With the goal of bringing mobility back to dogs in need, Labra specializes in premium, lightweight canine support products that allow all dogs to enjoy their happy, active lives, regardless of age or condition
The Labra Canine Front Leg Compression Sleeve is offered your dog great joint and muscle support, while not affecting his or her mobility. The compression sleeve can fit on either of your dog’s front legs. It also comes available in small, medium, large, and extra large for best fit.
The addition of three velcro straps also helps to ensure the sleeve remains snug and supportive. The brace itself boasts durable, but pliable and flexible neoprene to make sure the sleeve will rest cozily on your dog’s leg. Labra’s products are recommended by veterinarians.
Because of the quality materials used, the Labra Co. Dog Canine Front Leg Compression Sleeve can be hand washed in warm water with soap. Labra recommends leaving the brace on for two or three hours and then taking it off to let the area fully breathe.
The Labra Co. Dog Canine Front Leg Compression Sleeve begins at $17.95 on Amazon.com
What We Like:
- High quality design materials used throughout
- Three-part velcro design to make sure the sleeve stays put
- Recommended by licensed and practicing veterinarians
- The jacket can be hand washed for cleanliness
- It doesn’t hinder mobility for the dog when worn
What Could Be Better:
- The sleeve is only available in four sizes that range widely in fit
- No reflectors installed for nighttime visibility
- The velcro seams aren’t soft enough and can irritate high energy activities
Best Value Pick: Agon Dog Canine Front Leg Compression Wrap
- PLEASE MEASURE BEFORE ORDER!! CIRCUMFERENCE Measurement: XXS/XS: 2-4" WITH 1 STRAP; S/M: 4-6" WITH 2 STRAPS! L/XL: 6-8" WITH 3 STRAPS. The Length: XXS/XS: 2" ; S/M: 4" ; L/XL: 6"
- -- The Agon Dog Wrap will help you dog to -- Heal the pain due to injury or surgery Provide support and stabilization during the injury Assist them to loosen the inflammation Save them from future injuries -It is observed that the dog gets its 2nd knee injured soon after the first one. This is due to the imbalance caused by the injury in one leg. The Agon Dog Braces makes sure that the balance of the body is maintained, so the dog doesn’t get into any more injuries of knee or joints.
- WHY IS AGON BRACE THE BEST FOR YOUR DOG? Agon Dog Brace is made of smooth mesh sheet which is easy to wear, doesn’t hurt the skin, and is easy to wash. The nylon material used in the making are robust and flexible at the same time. The Velcro in the brace is also a great addition to the ease of brace.
- The next time you dog needs a good support, go ahead with Agon Dog Braces as they will never let you down.
- SIZES OF AGON DOG BRACES Depending on the breed of the dog, the sizes would vary. Agon provides you with two size options which are Small/Medium and Large/Extra Large. Moreover, both the sizes have two Velcro, which provides the ease to the user and the dog and can help fit the brace perfectly on the knee or body part. To get a perfect size is crucial as it will not loosen and stay tight all long. A perfect size speeds the process of healing for the dog.
The Agon Dog Canine Front Leg Compression wrap is a breathable, yet supportive sleeve that offers excellent value at the price point. A mixture of elastic neoprene and nylon, this dog compression sleeve won’t get in the way of your dog’s mobility. The jacket is also available in six sizes that cover small and large breeds.
The sleeve also features two velcro bands to make sure the sleeve doesn’t slide up and down your dog’s front legs. The design can be used on either of your dog’s front legs without risk of injury or irritation. However, buyers note that the velcro bands can be hard to get off, so remove carefully as to not harm your pet.
Because of the nylon, the compression sleeve is recommended to be washed in cold water only. And while it does lack nighttime reflectors, the significant, yellow company symbol sewed to the front does offer some after-dark visibility. The company recommends the compression sleeve only be worn for two or three hours at a time before being taken off.
The Agon Dog Canine Front Leg Compression Wrap starts at $13.99 on Amazon.com and is eligible for free shipping.
What We Like:
- Material mix for optimal elasticity and support
- Large, yellow logo to aid in nighttime visibility
- Ability to be hand washed
- Availity in six sizes that span all breeds
- Breathability of material compared to only nylon designs
What Could Be Better:
- A third velcro strap for fit would be a nice addition
- Lack of accurate nighttime reflections is disappointing
- Velcro can be very adhering and require putting unwanted pressure on the affected area
Best Budget Pick: GNICK’s Dog Front Leg Compression Wrap
GINKS Dog Brace, in addition to being made from nylon, uses rubber as a construction material. The addition of rubber makes this compression sleeve for dogs comfortable to wear and doesn’t hurt their skin. The nylon compliments the rubber, making for a robust design that manages to be flexible at the same time. Available in only four sizes, out-of-the-box fit for your canine isn’t guaranteed.
Also, the sleeve fits on both the left and right front legs. The use of the three available velcro wraps can correct for any loose-fitting areas. It’s recommended you secure the two outermost straps before fitting the middle one.
Because of the rubber and nylon design, NICK’s Dog Front Leg Compression Wrap is hand washable in cold or lukewarm water with soap. Also, air drying is recommended, as the rubber could shrink in a conventional drying machine. And like most other compression wraps, GNICK’s recommends a wear-time of between two or three hours before being removed.
GNICK’s Dog Front Leg Compression Wrap starts at $10.99 on Amazon.com and is eligible for free shipping.
What We Like:
- The price point is very agreeable for most buyers
- Materials used are hand washable in either cold or lukewarm water
- Because rubber makes up the material design, the sleeve is more water resistant than most
- The flexibility of design allows for excellent mobility, while still remaining supportive
- The use of three velcro wraps makes sure the jacket stays in place
What Could Be Better:
- No use of relates strips for nighttime visibility
- Rubber material makes for a less breathable sleeve
- Only four sizes are available
Compression sleeves for dogs can help, or four-legged family members can improve their everyday lives. From helping with arthritis pain to speeding up recovery time for muscle and joint injuries, they’re an excellent supply for any dog owner to have on hand. Use our above-mentioned product suggestions and purchasing tips to make a confident purchase. And remember: You can’t go wrong with the Labra Co. Dog Canine Front Leg Compression Sleeve.
Last update on 2023-09-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API